Friday, August 1, 2014

My Month in Numbers: July 2014

Month in Numbers is a meme hosted by Julie at Notes on Paper.

9 = the number of nights Hubby was at home.  Two almost 2 week trips with just over a week home between. He decided to try China Southern Airlines on his second trip. Airplane food is not exactly something I usually look forward to but I was very glad that I did not have to front up to the French slippery fried eggs.

2 = the number of hours of sleep The Boy said he got at the Kidschurch "sleepover". His favourite part? Going to Bounce. This was not good a good lead up to the 4:30am wakeup to go to the ...

97cm of snow at Mt Buller. It's been quite a few years since there has been that kind of coverage in the July school holidays. Hubby accompanied The Boy to the time trials for his school snowsports team. We also wrangled a spot for The Big Girl on the bus so she went with them and tried some snowboarding.

IMG_2401


43 years for this man. Yes, he managed to be in the country for his birthday.

IMG_0731

5.15km run in 30:03min. I completed the Couch to 5km on the 7th of July and decided to continue on to complete the 10km. I'm mixing it up with intervals, easy runs and the longer runs from the Couch to 10km app. I want to increase distance and speed. Total distance run this month 42.38km.

3 books read. 

Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For a short time I thought this might be one YA that broke the mould with the ending, in spite of that very enjoyable conclusion to the series.




 Gathering Blue (The Giver #2)Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Written at a level suitable for preteens or younger teens this was a really easy read but as usual Lowry gives us something to chew over.




How to Keep a Spiritual Journal: A Guide to Journal Keeping for Inner Growth and Personal RecoveryHow to Keep a Spiritual Journal: A Guide to Journal Keeping for Inner Growth and Personal Recovery by Ron Klug
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a re-read for me but it was a while since I'd read it originally and I'd actually forgot a lot of it. Highly recommended book on the topic of keeping a journal. Covers not just writing daily entries but also using a journal to help goal setting, daily devotions, recording the past and more. Also tips for "harvesting" your journal once you're finished.



5 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

No - I don't think I could face that breakfast either! I've have gone for the bread option!

I'm glad your husband managed to squeeze in a birthday on his time home! ;-) And that snowy scenery looks like they had a perfect day for it!

Your July is pinned to the Month in Numbers board with those from all the other numerical list-makers now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Here's to a happy-August to you all Melissa!

Julie :-)

Julie Kirk said...

p.s: I couldn't 'pin' any of the images in your post - they just don't pop up on my screen, only your banner image. So I've saved your post with that. :-)

Deborah Weber said...

Glad some of your July time got to be with your husband - and it sounds like a lot of fun was fit in as well. Wishing you a happy August.

Hazel A.. said...

Love that we get to see what's happening all over the globe via Julie's meme. My sister lives in New Zealand so it is fun to see winter in summer and yours looks like it's progressing well. The How to Keep a Spiritual Journal book looks very interesting; may have to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

Nathalie said...

I enjoyed reading your numbers this month especially the bit about the trip to the snow! I had to double check where you lived in the world to figure out why you had snow in July ;) Glad you got to celebrate your husbands birthday with him!